Semi-adjacent tilings series tessellation 4-pack
Semi-adjacent Rectangles in glide and rotational symmetries, Half-adjacent Squares with X's, and Right Triangle Rings Master Pack. Challenge your folding skills with these new geometric tessellations. Digital delivery, no materials included. PDF reader required. Links to instructional materials on folding tessellations are included.
The Semi-adjacent Rectangles patterns can be folded directly from a 45-degree grid with no additional creases, the Right Triangle Rings pattern requires minimal precreasing from a 45-degree grid, and the Half-adjacent Squares pattern can be folded from a 45-degree grid with twice the usual diagonals, but precreasing would be faster and cleaner. These are intermediate to complex level tessellations.
- Pattern on a background grid
- Photo of the finished tessellation from the front
MATERIALS REQUIRED FOR USE
- Origami paper
- OPTIONAL: bone folder or scoring tool
- High gsm paper or highly transparent paper
- Pattern for personal use only
- Contact me if you want to license the pattern to sell products
- All rights reserved, copyright Gathering Folds 2020
I have been looking for inspiration on how to include folding in my quilts. I love the 3D effect. I have done the traditional pleats, but I wanted more. Thank you to Gathering Folds for the patterns. I am testing them on fabric. I am testing the need for stitches. My quilts will have a new look.