Starter Pack smocking patterns
Starter pack with a variety of smocking patterns: Chainlink shows the arrow motif, Herringbone shows lattice techniques, Lens Stars shows triangle grids, and Square Twists and Bars shows square twists. Patterns are on standard US letter-size pdf pages and include information about project planning, i.e. finished size vs. starting size. Digital delivery, no materials included. PDF reader required.
- Starting to finished size ratio
- Instructions on use
- Pattern on a background grid
- Pattern without a background grid
- Colored representation of the symmetries present in the pattern
MATERIALS REQUIRED FOR USE
- Needle and thread
- Marking pencil/pen/chalk
- Cutting tool (scissors/rotary cutter + mat)
- OPTIONAL: light table/projector for pattern transfer
- Gingham and checked fabrics are great to start out - the grid is already drawn for you!
- Mid-weight solids such as satin and velvet show the texture nicely in finished goods
- Consider the tracing method you'll use when you pick your fabric. If you're using light, don't get something too dark.
- Pattern for personal use only
- Contact me if you want to license the pattern to sell products
- All rights reserved, copyright Gathering Folds 2020