Woven Hive Smocking Pattern
The Woven Hive smocking pattern features interwoven 3D rhombi with hexagonal holes. This is a multi-leveled smocking pattern that requires smocking the pairs of points first before smocking the triangles.
Patterns are on standard US letter-size pdf pages and include information about project planning, i.e. finished size vs. starting size. Digital delivery, no materials included. PDF reader required. This pattern takes an origami tessellation and re-imagines it in fabric.
- Starting to finished size ratio
- Instructions on use
- Pattern on a background grid
- Pattern without a background grid
- Colored representation of the symmetries present in the pattern
MATERIALS REQUIRED FOR USE
- Needle and thread
- Marking pencil/pen/chalk
- Cutting tool (scissors/rotary cutter + mat)
- OPTIONAL: light table/projector for pattern transfer
- Mid-weight solids such as satin and velvet show the texture nicely in finished goods
- Consider the tracing method you'll use when you pick your fabric. If you're using light, don't get something too dark.
- Pattern for personal use only
- Contact me if you want to license the pattern to sell products
- All rights reserved, copyright Gathering Folds 2020