Escher Wheel Suncatcher in Cream
Treat yourself to a change of view, without even leaving your desk! This origami tessellation sun-catcher will add novelty and mystery to your day from wherever you are.
The tessellation is mounted between two sheets of acrylic and is designed to hang in a window from a latch or from a suction cup. The total weight of the piece is 8 oz, and a suction cup is included for easy hanging.
MATERIALS + MEASUREMENTS
- 8"x8" acrylic panels, non-yellowing even after years in direct sunlight
- Origami tessellation hand-folded from a single sheet of paper
- Clear nylon hanging cord, rated up to 20 lbs.
- Suction cup included for quick and easy hanging
INSPIRATION + PROCESS
I've been designing and folding my own origami tessellations since 2018. Many of these patterns show surprising patterns when they're backlit, so I researched how to hang them in windows. The result is what you see today!
All frames are hand-cut from large sheets of acrylic, then drilled and cleaned before the origami piece is mounted inside.
CARE + MAINTENANCE
- Hang in a window (from a latch or suction cup) or on a wall
- The acrylic frame is extremely light-weight and shatter-resistant, so no need to worry about the piece falling
- Custom items ship within 1-2 weeks of ordering
- See my policies for more information