Half-Adjacent Rhombi Suncatcher in Cream
Treat yourself to a change of view, without even leaving your desk! This origami tessellation sun-catcher will add novelty and mystery to your day from wherever you are. And if you're ever tired of this view, just flip it over to the other side!
The tessellation is mounted between two sheets of acrylic and is designed to hang in a window from a latch or from a suction cup. The total weight of the piece is 16 oz.
MATERIALS + MEASUREMENTS
- 12"x12" acrylic panels, UV absorbing and non-glare to preserve the color of the paper and facilitate viewing even in heavy sun
- Origami tessellation hand-folded from a single sheet of paper
- Clear nylon hanging cord, rated up to 20 lbs
- Quick and easy suction cup, rated to 3x the weight of the suncatcher
INSPIRATION + PROCESS
I've been designing and folding my own origami tessellations since 2018. Many of these patterns show surprising patterns when they're backlit, so I researched how to hang them in windows. The result is what you see today!
All frames are hand-cut from large sheets of acrylic, then drilled and cleaned before the origami piece is mounted inside.
CARE + MAINTENANCE
- Hang in a window (from a latch or suction cup) or on a wall
- The acrylic frame is extremely light-weight and shatter-resistant, so no need to worry about the piece falling
- Custom items ship within 1-2 weeks of ordering
- See my policies for more information