Herringbone Weave in paper and fabric
LOOKING FOR MORE WEAVE PATTERNS?
Check out the Mega Weaves bundle at https://gatheringfolds.com/products/mega-weaves-bundle-11-patterns-and-a-variation-tutorial
- Starting to finished size ratio
- Instructions on use
- Pattern on a background grid
- Pattern without a background grid
- Colored representation of the symmetries present in the pattern
MATERIALS REQUIRED FOR USE
Paper crease pattern:
- Origami paper
- OPTIONAL: bone folder or scoring tool
Fabric smocking pattern:
- Needle and thread
- Marking pencil/pen/chalk
- Cutting tool (scissors/rotary cutter + mat)
- OPTIONAL: light table/projector for pattern transfer
- Gingham and checked fabrics are great to start out - the grid is already drawn for you!
- Mid-weight solids such as satin and velvet show the texture nicely in finished goods
- Consider the tracing method you'll use when you pick your fabric. If you're using light, don't get something too dark.
- Pattern for personal use only
- Contact me if you want to license the pattern to sell products
- All rights reserved, copyright Gathering Folds 2020