Mega Suncatcher in Yellow Sun: Mirrored Compound Squares
Add this suncatcher to your shop window and attract instant attention. This mesmerizing work of art showcases precision and elegance, all from a single sheet of paper!
The tessellation is mounted between two sheets of acrylic and is designed to hang in a window from a latch or from a strong suction cup. The total weight of the piece is less than 5 lbs.
MATERIALS + MEASUREMENTS
- 24"24" acrylic panels, UV absorbing and non-glare to preserve the color of the paper and facilitate viewing even in heavy sun
- Origami tessellation hand-folded from a single sheet of paper
- Clear nylon hanging cord, rated up to 20 lbs
INSPIRATION + PROCESS
I've been designing and folding my own origami tessellations since 2018. Many of these patterns show surprising patterns when they're backlit, so I researched how to hang them in windows. The result is what you see today!
All frames are hand-cut from large sheets of acrylic, then drilled and cleaned before the origami piece is mounted inside.
CARE + MAINTENANCE
- Hang in a window (from a latch or suction cup) or on a wall
- The acrylic frame is extremely light-weight and shatter-resistant, so no need to worry about the piece falling
- Custom items ship within 1-2 weeks of ordering
- See my policies for more information